The Oregon State Fair Council.
A STATE OF OREGON PUBLIC CORPORATION
A Public Corporation is an entity that is created by the state to carry out public missions and services. In order to carry out these public missions and services, a public corporation participates in activities or provides services that are also provided by private enterprise. A public corporation is granted increased operating flexibility in order to best ensure its success, while retaining principles of public accountability and fundamental public policy. The board of directors of a public corporation is appointed by the Governor but is otherwise delegated the authority to set policy and manage the operations of the public corporation.
The mission of the Oregon State Fair & Exposition Center is to provide a reason and a place for all people to gather, connect, learn, embrace excellence in all forms and celebrate the achievements of Oregonians.
We envision a relevant Oregon State Fair & Exposition Center that embodies good stewardship of the public’s trust and serves as a self-sustaining asset for Oregonians to treasure long into the future.
Adopted by the Oregon State Fair Council on 12/4/14
- Vicki Berger - Chair Former Representative, Oregon State Legislature
- Loyal Burns - Vice Chair Board of Directors, Veterinary Services Inc. & Sheep Breeder
- Kevin Cameron - Council Member Marion County Commissioner
- Jon Chandler - Council Member - Immediate Past Council Chair Former Executive Director, Oregon Home Builders Association
- Joel Conder - Council Member - Co-Owner at Capitol Asset & Pavement Services Inc.
- Representative Paul Evans- Advisory Council Member- Oregon State House of Representatives
- Senator Bill Hansell - Advisory Council Member- Oregon State Senate
- George Jennings - Council Member Counsel to the President, Mountain West Investment Co.
- Austin McGuigan - Council Member Community Development Director, Polk County
- Leah Perkins-Hagele - Council Member Fairgrounds Manager, Washington County Fair Complex
- Arnie Roblan - Council Member Former Senator, Oregon State Senate
- Craig Smith - Council Member - Past Council Chair Former Vice President and Chief Finacial Officer, Chemeketa Community College
- Kim Grewe-Powell - Chief Executive Officer